As from 02 February 2020, Schengen visa will be amended.
What are the Schengen Visa changes:
1. Higher Visa Fees
* The standard fee will increase from €60 to €80
* Lower fee (Children 6 to 12) will increase from €35 to €40
2. More Flexible Procedure
* Travelers will be able to submit their applications no later than 15 days before their planned trip and up to six months in advance
* Application Form can now be signed and submitted electronically
3. Schengen Representatives
* Representative authorities of every Schengen state must be present in every third country, through their embassy/consulate
* A member state can outsource the Schengen visa admission to an external service provider (their fee should not exceed the amount of the visa fee)
4. Multiple Entry Visa
* Frequent travelers with a positive visa history to benefit from visas with lengthier validity
* Gradually increasing validity period from one year to a maximum of five years
5. Readmission of Illegal Migrants
* The new visa code foresees using visa processing as a leverage to push third-countries to collaborate on readmission of illegal immigrants.